IMI Remosa designs and manufactures a new concept of powder withdrawal valve for severe applications, high temperatures and high erosion services.
This valve can be manufactured for shut-off or control services, with replaceable orifice plate and guides. The disc leading edge and stem T-head are designed to push the disc on the seat in the closing position. This valve feature guarantees an excellent shut-off seal between disc and seat.
Valve body and disc are fabricated from plate, the stem is fabricated from a monolithic, forged piece. No cast material is used for this valve.
Valve port area, stem and disc are hardfaced with Stellite #6 to prevent erosion due to the powder impingement on the valve/internal surface.
IMI Remosa's powder withdrawal valves are designed in accordance with:
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) B31.3, Process Piping;
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Section VIII, Division 1, Rule of contraction for pressure vessel;
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Section VIII, Division 2, Boiler and pressure vessel Code for Finite Element Analysis.
The valve can be supplied with CE stamp in accordance with the European Pressure Equipment Directive (PED: 97/23/EC), in conformity with Module G, and European Directive for Equipment and Protective System in potentially Explosive Atmospheres (ATEX: 94/9/EC).
- valve material: carbon steel, chrome steel, stainless steel, exotic alloy;
- service: fluidized powder / catalyst;
- actuators: manual, pneumatic, hydraulic type;
- end connection: wafer or flanged type;
- valve position: horizontal stem.