IMI Remosa manufactures feed nozzles for Fluid Catalytic Cracking Units in accordance to the process licensor's design.
Feed nozzles are fabricated from stainless steel material. The external stem head is hardfaced with cobalt base material to reduce the wear due to the continuous catalyst impingement.
The internal oil head hole is obtained using CNC machines that guarantee a perfect tolerance as required for this critical application.
Feed nozzle heads can be supplied using only cobalt base material.
Feed nozzles can be supplied with CE stamp in accordance with:
- the European Pressure Equipment Directive (PED: 97/23/EC).
- the European Directive for Equipment and Protective Systems in Potentially Explosive Atmospheres (ATEX: 94/9/EC).
The Feed nozzle is designed according to:
- A.S.M.E. (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) B31.3 Process Piping Code;
- A.S.M.E. (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Section VIII, Division 1, Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code;
- A.S.M.E. (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Section VIII, Division 2, Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Alternative for Finite Element Analysis;
- A.P.I. (American Petroleum Institute).