Catalyst circulation in the Fluid Catalytic Cracking Unit can be controlled through a plug valve. This valve can be designed by IMI Remosa in accordance with FCC process licensor specifications (Kellogg Brown & Root; Institut Français du Petrol; Stone & Webster).
IMI Remosa plug valves are fabricated from plates and forged material. No cast parts are used in the valve fabrication.
The plug is protected from erosion by abrasion resistant lining installed into hex-mesh. The abrasion resistant lining is ground to assure a perfect contact between plug and seat cone.
Valve sliding part is hardfaced with cobalt base material to avoid wearing.
Valve is operated by a high pressure Hydraulic Power Control Unit with thrust control system.
This valve is designed according to:
- ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers),
- API (American Petroleum Institute),
- ANSI (American National Standards Institute.
The plug valve can be supplied with CE stamp in accordance with:
- The European Pressure Equipment Directive (PED: 97/23/EC),
- The European Directive for Equipment and Protective Systems in Potentially Explosive Atmospheres (ATEX: 94/9/EC),
- The Machinery Directive (98/37/EC).